habtm and ferret

Hello,

I've been working on a specific project for longer than I like to think about. At some point, I had ferret working in such a way that it would search fields in the HABTM relationship. Now, though, it only searches fields in the specific model where the search is located. The application is structured like this:

Models:

providers procedures types destinations ...

provider is where the search in question is located. Thus, it is at http://localhost:3000/provider/search/. A provider has_and_belongs_to_many procedures, types, and destinations. Thus, when I search at the above URL, I want my search to take values that correspond to those models, as well as the provider model.

provider.rb:

1. acts_as_ferret :additional_fields => [    2. :procedure_name,    3. :type_name,    4. :type_field,    5. :destination_name    6. ]    7. has_and_belongs_to_many :types, :join_table => "types_providers"    8. has_and_belongs_to_many :procedures, :join_table => "procedures_providers"    9. has_and_belongs_to_many :destinations, :join_table => "destinations_providers"   10.   11. def procedure_name   12. return "#{self.procedure.name}"   13. end   14.   15. def type_name   16. return "#{self.type.name}"   17. end   18.   19. def type_field   20. return "#{self.type.field}"   21. end   22.   23. def destination_name   24. return "#{self.destination.name}"   25. end

Thus, I defined the additional fields which I would like ferret to index. It was doing this perfectly until recently, and I have tried rebuilding the indexes of the above models and tried various other small edits, but nothing has helped thus far.

Any ideas would be most appreciated. Thanks. Jon

bump.