gruff and rbgsl conflict

I cannot get the server running with gruff and rbgsl together.

require 'gruff' require 'rbgsl'

If I have these two in either environment.rb or anywhere else the server quits with the following. The server runs fine with either one.

=> Booting Mongrel (use 'script/server webrick' to force WEBrick) => Rails application starting on http://0.0.0.0:3000 => Call with -d to detach => Ctrl-C to shutdown server ** Starting Mongrel listening at 0.0.0.0:3000 ** Starting Rails with development environment... dyld: ruby multiple definitions of symbol _ID_call /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rmagick-1.15.2/lib/RMagick.bundle definition of _ID_call /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/powerpc-darwin7.9.0/rb_gsl.bundle definition of _ID_call Trace/BPT trap

The server configuration is: ruby 1.8.5 (2006-12-25 patchlevel 12) [powerpc-darwin7.9.0] Rails 1.2.2 mongrel-1.0.1

This problem has nothing to do with rails, the RMagick.bundle and gsl.bundle cannot load together. Is there a way to load the modules only when I need the them?

This problem can be resolved by applying a patch to RMagic and recompiling. You can get the patch at rubyforge.