Getting json data to div and partial after ajax call?

I'm able to get json data back after an ajax call and into a div. But how do I get it into html, styled format?

How about getting it to a partial? How do I do that in coffeescript?

For what you say.

After you get the JSON response the partial is already processed so you just need to update the correct div with the correct info.

Use jQuery’s append or html properties to update your divs.

Benjamin Iandavid Rodriguez wrote in post #1110828:

For what you say.

After you get the JSON response the partial is already processed so you just need to update the correct div with the correct info.

Use jQuery's append or html properties to update your divs.

I haven't loaded the partial from start. Sorry but I don't know how to update the div.

I get an array back in json. That is loaded but without styling.

Have u solve your problem? i have the same issue U_U

Fernando Jesus wrote in post #1111571:

Have u solve your problem? i have the same issue U_U but without coffeeScript

Sorry to say, but no I didn't. Still looking.

Ok i found the solution:

The problem is in the view perhaps you have =

it's the = in the @comments.each tag. It is returning the result of each, which is the whole array.

For example:

[1,2].each {|i| puts i }

1 2 => [1, 2] So:

<%= @comments.each do |comment| %> Should simply be:

<% @comments.each do |comment| %>

I hope that works for you.

i’m not sure what you mean by styled. json usually looks like this {user:{name:‘fred’,age:65}}. what kind of styling did you want to apply to that? i’m guessing, but it sounds like you’re looking for html elements to be returned?

typically after the request happens you can just use jquery’s .html() method to insert your json into the element:

$(‘.element’).html(json-data-returned-from-server) where .element is the class name used by the html tag you’re trying to insert your json.

json is just a string so it’s will be hard to add styling other than a font size, and font color.