Getting bleeding edge rails

Dear all,

I would like to work on the latest rails version from github. I have pulled it and set my $GEM_PATH to where I pulled it : /home/joshua/rails/

But when I worked on it, gem barfed out and did not recognize it. But when I typed: gem environment, it displayed /home/joshua/rails/ as my $GEM_PATH

Can anyone that has worked with bleeding edge version tell me what is the proper way to do this?

Thank you very much for your assistance.

Regards.

Dear all,

I would like to work on the latest rails version from github. I have pulled it and set my $GEM_PATH to where I pulled it : /home/joshua/rails/

But when I worked on it, gem barfed out and did not recognize it. But when I typed: gem environment, it displayed /home/joshua/rails/ as my $GEM_PATH

Can anyone that has worked with bleeding edge version tell me what is the proper way to do this?

put what you have cloned from github into vendor/rails (or symlink vendor/rails to your checkout from github)

Fred

put what you have cloned from github into vendor/rails (or symlink vendor/rails to your checkout from github)

Thanks Frederick. But how come I don't get the 3-0-0-unstable branch ?

> put what you have cloned from github into vendor/rails (or symlink > vendor/rails to your checkout from github)

Thanks Frederick. But how come I don't get the 3-0-0-unstable branch ?

because it just checks out master by default. Just checkout whatever branch you need.

Fred

Hi Frederick,

I've just realised I can't use symlink on windows. What is the environment variables for ruby library path? I tried RUBYPATH and it doesn't work. Thank you very much for helping.

Hi Frederick,

I've just realised I can't use symlink on windows. What is the environment variables for ruby library path? I tried RUBYPATH and it doesn't work. Thank you very much for helping.

in that case put your rails checkout from github in your_app/vendor/ rails

Fred