Generating a path from a route with requirements

I am trying to generate a path for a route with requirements. The route looks like this...

map.courses_image_cache '/courses/image_cache',     :controller => 'courses', :action => 'image_cache',     :requirements => {       :cache_id => /\d{8}-\d{4}-\d{5}-\d{4}/,       :filename => /[a-zA-Z0-9_ ]+\.(jpg|jpeg|png|gif){1}/i }

And I call it as

courses_image_cache_path(:cache_id => '20100111-0332-76263-6402', :filename => 'letter.png' )

But the result is the path "/courses/image_cache"

Why does the result NOT include the params?

The params match, but no params in the resulting URL... or is that intentional, like the keys to the kingdom?

Ideas? Help?

Martin

Martin Streicher wrote:

I am trying to generate a path for a route with requirements. The route looks like this...

map.courses_image_cache '/courses/image_cache',     :controller => 'courses', :action => 'image_cache',     :requirements => {       :cache_id => /\d{8}-\d{4}-\d{5}-\d{4}/,       :filename => /[a-zA-Z0-9_ ]+\.(jpg|jpeg|png|gif){1}/i }

And I call it as

courses_image_cache_path(:cache_id => '20100111-0332-76263-6402', :filename => 'letter.png' )

But the result is the path "/courses/image_cache"

Why does the result NOT include the params?

Because the route has no way of knowing where you wanted the params. Perhaps you wanted '/courses/image_cache/:filename/:cache_id' in your map statement?

The params match, but no params in the resulting URL... or is that intentional, like the keys to the kingdom?

Ideas? Help?

Martin

Best,

You are absolutely right.