Full time drug discovery client side engineering position in Palo Alto, CA

CollabRx is a start-up creating a platform that will accelerate the search for therapies for rare diseases [1]. We seek a full-time front end developer to join our core engineering team. The position requires solid web development skills (Ruby on Rails, JavaScript, XHTML, CSS, AJAX, Flash/Flex, cross-browser issues [2]), Linux expertise, and at least a BS or equivalent degree [3]. The position is at our downtown Palo Alto headquarters and offers excellent benefits. Write: Jeff Shrager, CTO, jshrager@stanford.edu.

[1] Or so we hope! [2] I'm looking forward to Ryan's deconstruction of this list; and yeah, I know that some of them occupy orthogonal ontological categories! [3] Why a BS? Well, in all honestly, I don't care; If you're smart enough, degrees be damned!

CollabRx is a start-up creating a platform that will accelerate the

search for therapies for rare diseases [1]. We seek a full-time front end developer to join our core engineering team. The position requires solid web development skills (Ruby on Rails, JavaScript, XHTML, CSS,

AJAX, Flash/Flex, cross-browser issues [2]), Linux expertise, and at least a BS or equivalent degree [3]. The position is at our downtown Palo Alto headquarters and offers excellent benefits. Write: Jeff Shrager, CTO, jshrager@stanford.edu.

[1] Or so we hope! [2] I’m looking forward to Ryan’s deconstruction of this list; and yeah, I know that some of them occupy orthogonal ontological

categories! [3] Why a BS? Well, in all honestly, I don’t care; If you’re smart enough, degrees be damned!

Wow, how surprising it is to get a mention before I even launch into another dissection, or “deconstruction” as you call it.

Your advertisement is extremely hard to pick at because it’s short, and not only that, but there is nothing to pick at! It’s all summed up in a paragraph I could’ve read whilst chewing on a couple of mouthfuls of lunch (but lunch was an hour ago). You list only what you need and don’t sugar coat any of it with “leading-edge technology” or “hot receptionist” (although the latter would be an added incentive), you give the facts as they are and that’s what makes it so great.

I do find it strange however how you give a stanford.edu email address. Are you part of the faculty there or a student? Why don’t you have your own domain name?

I feel strange also, about replying to a job advertisement without actually applying for it on my last day in my current job, and I would be interested in applying if I was in the area.

A nicely written job advertisement, the kind that I would like to see more of. Well done.

Jeff Shrager wrote:

CollabRx is a start-up creating a platform that will accelerate the search for therapies for rare diseases

Damn good cause and I wish you the best! <snip>

[2] I'm looking forward to Ryan's deconstruction of this list;

ROTF and LOL!!! Big brass ones! Nice style.

and yeah, I know that some of them occupy orthogonal ontological categories!

Impressive vocab too :wink: Hope you survive Ryan.

Best regards, Bill

A nicely written job advertisement, the kind that I would like to see more of. Well done.

Thanks!

I feel strange also, about replying to a job advertisement without actually applying for it on my last day in my current job, and I would be interested in applying if I was in the area.

Maybe you should apply anyway; remote consulting pays well, has great hours, and you get to code naked from the hot tub. (Of course, for all I know, you do that already! :slight_smile:

> and yeah, I know that some of them occupy > orthogonal ontological categories!

Impressive vocab too :wink: Hope you survive Ryan.

Yeah, I couldn't pass up the occasion to pack 16 syllables into 4 words!