Do you want to build the front-end of a product used by thousands of
people all over the world every month?
Do you want to build the most delicious and usable web app in the travel
industry by balancing design aesthetic and bulletproof code?
Wimdu is an exciting start-up company headquartered in Berlin and one of
the leading marketplaces for private accommodation worldwide. Initially
funded with US$90 million, Wimdu has grown to host over 50,000
properties in over 100 countries since March 2011. Our main concept is
to “travel like a local”. This idea is spread by a very international
team from more than 30 different nations working in our headquarters in
For our office in Berlin we are looking for a:
Front-end Developer (m/f)
• Are you passionate about programming websites and already have
experience in this field? Are you looking for a good challenge in an
entrepreneurial, fun, open and honest environment? If so, Wimdu is the
place for you.
• You will change the face of Wimdu by independently developing and
implementing new features for 50 localized top-level domains that will
be visited by hundreds of thousands of users
• You will be involved when it comes to proposing, implementing and
developing functional design solutions
• You will bring marketing and product requirements together into a
single front-end concept
• You will build efficient and reusable front-end abstractions and
• You will participate in design and code reviews
should, as well.
• You have completed an apprenticeship or a degree in the field of IT,
Media Informatics, Business IT or another relevant field, or you are a
• You have at least 2 years of experience in the conception and
implementation of websites
Jasmine is a plus)
• You are fluent in English and enjoy working as part of a team
• You are an extraordinary individual with a passion for building best
in class software
• You work for start-ups! Not as an aspiration, but as a way of life
If you seek to work within a friendly and supportive environment with
many learning opportunities, then Wimdu is the right choice for you! As
a Front-end Developer (m/f) you will have the opportunity to construct
and develop the front-end of a global online platform.
Our development cycle is extremely fast, with daily releases and weekly
deploys you will have your code live within a few days after writing it.
You will be able to make an immediate impact on Wimdu and the travel
industry as a whole.
We offer you the international start-up spirit, combined with an
inspiring workplace in a stylish converted warehouse directly located in
the heart of Germany’s capital and the chance to work on fascinating
projects. You will benefit from an attractive compensation and many
development opportunities. Our Wimdu academy, a chill-out area and many
events complete our offer and enrich your days as part of our fantastic
Excited by the prospect of joining us?
If so, we look forward to receive your application via mail to Wolfram
at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the reference number RuFo0512FED. Are
you committed to open-source projects? Perfect! Share some GitHub
repositories with us!
Before we ask you, ask us: Send us your questions and we will get back
to you. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Ohlauer Straße 43