for in loop with only one element not working

Hi

I have the following code:

@lunchtimes = Lunchtime.find_by_dayname("#{todayname}") for l in @lunchtimes do     # i = lunch.lunchfrom     # j = lunch.lunchto     # while i < j do     # id="#{session[:dateviewing]}/#{i.strftime('%H:%M:00')}/# {lunch.therapist_id}"     # page[id].replace "<td class='lunch'><span class='small'>LUNCH</span></td>"     # end     # i += 15.minutes end

I've put the hashes in to see where the code is failing BTW!

All I'm trying to do is loop through the search results from @lunchtimes. At the moment the query is returning only one record:

=> #<Lunchtime id: 4, therapist_id: 1, dayname: "Thursday", lunchfrom: "2000-01-01 12:00:00", lunchto: "2000-01-01 13:00:00", effective: "2009-06-04", created_at: nil, updated_at: nil>

And, as such I'm getting the following error:

NoMethodError (undefined method `each' for #<Lunchtime:0x21c1c70>):     /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.2.2/lib/active_record/ attribute_methods.rb:260:in `method_missing'     /app/controllers/appointment_controller.rb:178:in `__instance_exec0'

With more than one returned search results it works ...

I know it's probably something simple ... but can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong. I'm sure similar code is working in other parts of my program.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Darren

I am not an expert in this but I understood that find_by_attribute returned only the first matching record, in which case the result would never be an array. If you want to get all of them then you should use find_all_by_attribute and the result will always be an array, possibly with only one element.

I may well be wrong on this though.

Colin