Expected ... to define ...

Juan wrote:

Hi,

I have edge frozen on vendor, and getting these errors logged:

Expected ../config/../app/controllers/store_controller.rb to define StoreController ... Has anyone seen this? Any hints to fix it?

I had the same error on my production server. It has something to do with index files. I changed RAILS_ROOT/index directory permissions to something writable by web server and it worked.

Reza Esmily wrote:

Juan wrote:

Hi,

I have edge frozen on vendor, and getting these errors logged:

Expected ../config/../app/controllers/store_controller.rb to define StoreController ... Has anyone seen this? Any hints to fix it?

I had the same error on my production server. It has something to do with index files. I changed RAILS_ROOT/index directory permissions to something writable by web server and it worked.

Hi I got into the same troubles with ferret. But I don't manage to get it working. What do you mean exactly by "something writable by web server" ? I tried a chmod -R 777 index but it did not solve my problem.

H

It's a general 'Something went bad when trying to load store_controller.rb' (and rather unhelpful). It can be a syntax error in store_controller, a require which threw a LoadError etc...

Fred

I've experienced the same, but making index/ writable by web server and restarting ferret solved the issue. It's definitely (in my case) related to acts_as_ferret.