error mailer type control

I am really not interested in getting error mails for crap like people scanning to see if I have some outdated version of phpmyadmin, roundcube, etc... the typical stuff hackers are will look for.

So within my application controller before it sends me an e-mail, I want to search to see if it's a valid 'controller' that's being requested before it actually sends me an error e-mail.

Thus I need something like...

if [ LIST_OF_MY_CONTROLLERS ].include?(params[:action])

how do I get a list of my controllers?

Craig

Craig White wrote:

I am really not interested in getting error mails for crap like people scanning to see if I have some outdated version of phpmyadmin, roundcube, etc... the typical stuff hackers are will look for.

So within my application controller before it sends me an e-mail, I want to search to see if it's a valid 'controller' that's being requested before it actually sends me an error e-mail.

Thus I need something like...

if [ LIST_OF_MY_CONTROLLERS ].include?(params[:action])

how do I get a list of my controllers?

Craig

-- This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by MailScanner, and is believed to be clean.

I don't know of a good way to list of all your app's controllers (you *could* search for all Constants that descend from ApplicationController, but that seems prettttty grody). I'm *assuming* the emails are being sent from a rescue_from or somesuch similar in your ApplicationController... would it work for your requirements to instead just create a catchall route and then send a 404 error/page?

Craig White wrote: > I am really not interested in getting error mails for crap like people > scanning to see if I have some outdated version of phpmyadmin, > roundcube, etc... the typical stuff hackers are will look for. > > So within my application controller before it sends me an e-mail, I want > to search to see if it's a valid 'controller' that's being requested > before it actually sends me an error e-mail. > > Thus I need something like... > > if [ LIST_OF_MY_CONTROLLERS ].include?(params[:action]) > > how do I get a list of my controllers? >

I don't know of a good way to list of all your app's controllers (you *could* search for all Constants that descend from ApplicationController, but that seems prettttty grody). I'm *assuming* the emails are being sent from a rescue_from or somesuch similar in your ApplicationController... would it work for your requirements to instead just create a catchall route and then send a 404 error/page?

> Craig White wrote: > > I am really not interested in getting error mails for crap like people > > scanning to see if I have some outdated version of phpmyadmin, > > roundcube, etc... the typical stuff hackers are will look for. > > > > So within my application controller before it sends me an e-mail, I want > > to search to see if it's a valid 'controller' that's being requested > > before it actually sends me an error e-mail. > > > > Thus I need something like... > > > > if [ LIST_OF_MY_CONTROLLERS ].include?(params[:action]) > > > > how do I get a list of my controllers? > >

> I don't know of a good way to list of all your app's controllers (you > *could* search for all Constants that descend from > ApplicationController, but that seems prettttty grody). I'm *assuming* > the emails are being sent from a rescue_from or somesuch similar in your > ApplicationController... would it work for your requirements to instead > just create a catchall route and then send a 404 error/page? ---- well I am certainly trying to deal with a 'rescue_from'.

In essence, all the various crap that people scan web servers in hopes of finding exploitable software for are generating 404 errors...that's to be expected.

I just don't want to see an e-mail if the URL's they are requesting aren't a controller in my application.

Obviously I can provide a defined list of my controllers to this but that is rather analog and rails should be able to give me a list of my controllers or an array that I can flatten.