Error creating relationship with :through

While trying to run Basket.fruits(true) (or access Basket.fruits at all) I get:

ArgumentError: ./script/…/config/…/config/…/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/…/…/activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:399:in `to_constant_name’: Anonymous modules have no name to be referenced by

from ./script/../config/../config/../vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/base.rb:1359:in `compute_type'
    from ./script/../config/../config/../vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/../../activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:211:in `qualified_name_for'

from ./script/../config/../config/../vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/../../activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:471:in `const_missing'
    from (eval):1:in `compute_type'
    from ./script/../config/../config/../vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/reflection.rb:112:in `klass'

from ./script/../config/../config/../vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/reflection.rb:163:in `source_reflection'
    from ./script/../config/../config/../vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/reflection.rb:163:in `source_reflection'

from ./script/../config/../config/../vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/reflection.rb:172:in `check_validity!'
    from ./script/../config/../config/../vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/associations/has_many_through_association.rb:6:in `initialize'

from ./script/../config/../config/../vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/associations.rb:920:in `niches'
    from (irb):25

I am 100% sure my code is correct, I’ve compared it against the tutorial found here: http://wiki.rubyonrails.org/rails/pages/Beginner+Howto+on+has_many+%3Athrough

Anyone run into this error before?

Kris,

It would be easier to understand what's going on if you posted the relevant parts of you models.

Aaron

Aaron,

Problem solved. I t was actually because the name I used for the model, the model was labeled “Niches”. “niche”.pluralize returns niches, but “niches”.singularize returns “nich”. Problem solved though. Thanks for the reply :slight_smile: