Does anyone know how to install/use Active Merchant?

Does anyone know how to install/use Active Merchant? I can't find any documentation online. Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

you could pull the source down and generate the documentation via rake

Once Active Merchant is in your Rails plugins folder like vendor/plugins/active_merchant it is already installed because an init.rb file is included, which Rails uses to load the plugin.

If you are only interested in the rdoc documentation then you can cd into the active_merchant folder and do: rake rdoc

You will then be able to open doc/index.html to view the generated documentation.

If you are wanting to run the unit tests for Active Merchant then you will need a couple of gems installed: money, activesupport, actionpack

There are also remote tests that you can run with: rake test_remote

Some of the remote tests will fail if you haven't configured that particular gateway with your own test account in the remote test files. Not all of the gateway providers provide a publicly accessible test account that we can include.

The best way to see the usage for the gateway you're interested in is to just take a look at the unit tests and remote tests for the particular gateway under the test/unit and test/remote_tests folders respectively.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need any help with a particular gateway or other problem.

Cody