debugger seems broken with Rails 2.3.2

Did that *ever* work? Development mode reloading only works between requests. Ruby-debug may also be caching its own copy of the source somewhere.

--Matt Jones

Matt Jones wrote:

Did that *ever* work? Development mode reloading only works between requests. Ruby-debug may also be caching its own copy of the source somewhere.

I think it happens when I open another terminal and use script/console. Well I wasn't able to clearly identify the cause.

Another weird behavior, is that when the debugger kicks in, sometimes I can directly access classes and objects without having to go into irb (I think that applies when debugger is in a model), sometimes I need to enter irb.

Another one: when entering irb, I sometimes see lot's of error/warning messages, and the request carries on as if the breakpoint didn't exist. If I reissue the request and enter irb, the second time the request won't carry on.

I've got the same problems

I'm running as regular

$ ruby script/server --debugger

reach the break point

(rdb:5)

trying to run irb

(rdb:5) irb

and

INTERNAL ERROR!!! Unrecognized switch: -debugger ...

Full trace here: http://pastie.org/436603.txt

But if you run debugger with RAILS_GEM_VERSION 2.2.2 or 2.1.2, everything works fine. irb by itself and script/console works fine under 2.3.2

Ubuntu Linux 8.10 kernel 2.6.27-7-generic ruby 1.8.7 (2008-08-11 patchlevel 72) [i486-linux]

Temporary solution: run debugger through

$ rdebug ./script/server

Have to push "c" after starting up

Anyway, better than nothing.