I want to write a simple Rails app that gets a list (of TFS Workitems) using a
Web Service and presents it on a web page to users.
I would like to:
* try and avoid using a DB (for simplicity)
* have a free text search
* filter and sort the list
* user login
* different users see different subsets of list data
* maintain a complete copy of the list in my app. Update regularly by calling
WS for latest changes.
* keep things simple as I am a noob
so my questions are:
1) how should I store my data (DB, XML file? etc). If DB - which?
2) how should I do the regular update. Rake,CRON etc
3) based on storage choice, how do I do free text search. I have read about
ferret and sphynx. Do they require DBs?
thanks for any suggestions