I'm trying to develop a search functionality in my application that
In my basic search form,I would have the following elements:
1) category - select box
2) sub category - select box
3) keywords - text field
I am trying to figure out how to implement the first two elements.
This is a workflow:
1) User loads localhost:3000/search
2) Basic search form loads with the abovementioned 3 elements
3) User picks a category from the "Category" select box
4) User clicks on a button next to the selectbox named "get sub
5) Upon clicking on the "get sub categories" button, the form will be
submitted to the controller
6) The whole page reloads again and the "sub category" selectbox gets
populated with values.
7) user enters some keywords (optional)
8) User clicks "Submit"
9) Search results show.