Creating a "handcrafted" database object.

Hi,

This one is kind of strange. This is concerning sqlite3.

I have an application that uses postgresql. I would like to manually create a sqlite3 db object that contains data that I would extract from the "real" postgresql DB. This is not a one time action but it would generate a new sqlite3 db object when some related data changes.

Background: I have a set of many applications that run on sqlite3. The DBs of those applications are all different content wise, but all share the same DB structure. The idea is that, with data from the main server application, I would generate the db object for each of those applications. The computers where those apps are will fetch the DB object and place it in the right location. Then the apps run with the new data obtained.

How I have it now: Now those apps get an XML file from the main server and after parsing it update the DB in the traditional way.

Why: Well the DBs in question are not very big. So transfering the file would be easy. The apps updated themselves via auto GIT commands. If something changes DB wise for example I just need to get the latest app with GIT and place the new DB object in the right place.

Is this crazy?

Cheers.

comopasta Gr wrote in post #1032115:

Hi,

This one is kind of strange. This is concerning sqlite3.

I have an application that uses postgresql. I would like to manually create a sqlite3 db object that contains data that I would extract from the "real" postgresql DB. This is not a one time action but it would generate a new sqlite3 db object when some related data changes.

I imagine this is a crazy idea since there's no comments at all.