Correct regexp for Apache Expires headers

Hi

I am trying to get my Apache/Passenger installation to cache all assets with a Rails style timestamp. My vhost file contains:

<VirtualHost *:80>         ServerName www.blabla.se         DocumentRoot /home/deployer/public/blabla/public

<Directory /home/deployer/public/blabla/public>                 <IfModule mod_expires.c>                         <FilesMatch "\.(ico|pdf|flv|jpg|jpeg|png|gif| js>css>swf)\?[0-9]+$">                                 ExpiresActive on                                 ExpiresDefault "access plus 10 years"                         </FilesMatch>                 </IfModule>         </Directory> </VirtualHost>

If I use the "catch all" regexp "\.(ico|pdf|flv|jpg|jpeg|png|gif|js| css>swf)$" then the assets get expires headers, but not if I include the demand for a ? and 1 or more digits. I have checked the Perl regexp documentation and I cannot see what is wrong with it. It also runs well in Ruby, though I am not 100% of the compatibility between Ruby and Perl regexp.

Does anyone have a working regexp for this?

Regards

Erik Lindblad

I got the same problem.

Just read an article on this here: http://www.dcmanges.com/blog/asset-versioning-in-rails#comment-14440675 In short, Apache doesn't seem to support file matching with the query string.

Best

Jeff Tucker