controller action not found although it's in the controller

I have a user_press_releases_controller.rb It’s actually located under /app/controllers/users/press_releases_controller.rb In the controller I have actions new, create, new_recording and create_recording In routes.rb new_recording is GET and create_recording is POST When I click on the get link to create a new recording action controller responds saying:

The action ‘new_recording’ could not be found for UserPressReleasesController

<%= link_to ‘New recording/album press release’, new_user_recording_path(artist_id: @artist.id) %>

get ‘artists/:artist_id/new_recording_press_release’ => ‘user_press_releases#new_recording’, as: ‘new_user_recording’

post ‘artists/:artist_id/new_recording_press_release’ => ‘user_press_releases#create_recording’, as: ‘create_user_recording’

def new_recording @press_release = PressRelease.new end

def create_recording @press_release.publicist= “@press_release.user.first_name @press_release.user.last_name@press_release = PressRelease.new(press_release_params) respond_to do |format| if @press_release.save format.html { redirect_to user_press_releases_path, notice: ‘Press release was successfully created.’ } format.json { render :show, status: :created, location: @press_release } else format.html { render :new_recording } format.json { render json: @press_release.errors, status: :unprocessable_entity } end end end

I have a user_press_releases_controller.rb It's actually located under /app/controllers/users/press_releases_controller.rb In the controller I have actions new, create, new_recording and create_recording In routes.rb new_recording is GET and create_recording is POST When I click on the get link to create a new recording action controller responds saying:

The action 'new_recording' could not be found for UserPressReleasesController

Show us the first few lines of press_releases_controller.rb as far as the first method declaration.

Colin

class UserPressReleasesController < ApplicationController before_action :set_press_release, only: [:show, :edit, :update, :destroy] before_action :authenticate_user!, only: [:new, :create, :edit, :update, :new_recording, :create_recording] before_action :authenticate_admin!, only:[:destroy]

can we delete the thread please, delete yours i’ll delete mine

No, this is a mailing list not a forum. Your posts have been emailed to thousands(?) of machines across the world, it is not possible to delete them.

If you found the solution you should post it so that others can learn

Colin