Rails 3.1.x - jquery

drag_drop.js
$(function() {
$( "[id^=moveable]" ).draggable();
  $( "#droppable2" ).droppable({
    drop: function( event, ui ) {
      $( this )
       .addClass( "ui-state-highlight" )
       $.post( "groups/add_member/", { "add": ui.draggable.text() }, function(data) {
         $('#member_management').html(data) } );
    }
  });
});

The controller does "render :partial => 'memberships'" and my memberships.js.erb has
$('#memberships').load("<%= escape_javascript(render(:partial => "memberships", :object => @group)) %>");

Works - well, I still need a way to pass @group instance variable in the 'post' string back to controller but in the meantime, I am stuck in that after the first drag/drop/update I can't do more drag and drop apparently because the drag_drop.js code needs to run again after the partial refresh.

How do I get this to execute again or must I necessarily embed the script in the memberships.js.erb ?

Works - well, I still need a way to pass @group instance variable in the 'post' string back to controller but in the meantime, I am stuck in that after the first drag/drop/update I can't do more drag and drop apparently because the drag_drop.js code needs to run again after the partial refresh.

How do I get this to execute again or must I necessarily embed the script in the memberships.js.erb ?

Typically I'd use the callback that updates the dom to setup any stuff like that. When you're only adding event handlers there's also the .live stuff that you can use to bind event handlers for dom elements that don't exist yet

Fred