console ThreadError ("thread ... tried to join itself")

I'm just getting started with Rails 2 and I've immediately hit a problem in the console. This must be well known so perhaps someone could just tell me the solution.

mattleopard$ script/console Loading development environment (Rails 2.3.5)

app.get "photos"

=> 200

app.get "photos"

ThreadError: thread 0x1003c7368 tried to join itself   from /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.5/lib/ action_controller/reloader.rb:31:in `lock'   from /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.5/lib/ action_controller/reloader.rb:31:in `run'   from /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.5/lib/ action_controller/dispatcher.rb:108:in `call'   from /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib/ ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rack-1.0.1/lib/rack/lint.rb:47:in `_call'   from /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib/ ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rack-1.0.1/lib/rack/lint.rb:35:in `call'   from /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.5/lib/ action_controller/integration.rb:316:in `process'   from /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.5/lib/ action_controller/integration.rb:197:in `get'   from (irb):2

As you can see, the *second* app.get command in the console always throws this error. This is on Snow Leopard. My gems are all up to date, but perhaps there's some gem that I need to reinstall completely? Thx - m.

m. this is not a snow leopard issue, try running "script/console production" and it will work. Because you need to have config.cache_classes set to true in the environment, and development you probably want to that turned off.

/Pontus

pfs <pontus.stromdahl@gmail.com> writes:

m. this is not a snow leopard issue, try running "script/console production" and it will work. Because you need to have config.cache_classes set to true in the environment, and development you probably want to that turned off.

Take a look at this. Seems like it is fixed in latest release:

https://rails.lighthouseapp.com/projects/8994/tickets/4565

Jarl