consensus: javascript forms, good or bad?

Is the practice of using javascript forms for adding data a good idea? I don’t think they are because of error handling, but I’m not an expert at using ajax. I’ve only used it moderation for some usability improvements.

thanks for any input, andy

Andrew Stone wrote:

Is the practice of using javascript forms for adding data a good idea? I don't think they are because of error handling, but I'm not an expert at using ajax. I've only used it moderation for some usability improvements.

On the open internet?

Or in an Enterprise situation, where everyone has the exact same Starfleet Web Browser?

On the open internet?

Or in an Enterprise situation, where everyone has the exact same Starfleet

Web Browser?

Should be considered an “open internet” situation.

Andrew Stone wrote:

Should be considered an "open internet" situation.

Bad; the site should degrade gracefully. If Lynx can't get to it, then you will have advocates for disabled people advocating at you.

Bad; the site should degrade gracefully. If Lynx can’t get to it, then you will have advocates for disabled people advocating at you.

That is a good point and I agree. Any other functionality issues you know of? Reason I ask is that it will be an internal app, but for quite a few people. I don’t like to code to a browser and forcing that restriction is not something I will do.

Thanks for input!

-andy