Configure restful web service in rails

Hi,

I am trying to create a Rest web service in my rails application. I need to configure urls for it as below.

localhost:3000/book/book_id/new/param1/param2/param3/param4/...

localhost:3000/book/book_id/next

localhost:3000/book/book_id/delete

I dont have a view pages for it since it returns in json format.Please help.So what is the best way to configure these urls via routes.

Hi, I am trying to create a Rest web service in my rails application. I need to configure urls for it as below. ***localhost:3000/book/book_id/******new/param1/param2/param3/******param4/…

localhost:3000/book/book_id/******next

localhost:3000/book/book_id/******delete***

I dont have a view pages for it since it returns in json format.Please help.So what is the best way to configure these urls via routes.

Hi,

I am trying to create a Rest web service in my rails application. I need to configure urls for it as below.

localhost:3000/book/book_id/new/param1/param2/param3/param4/...

That might be better as book/id/new?param1=..&param2=.. etc. What is that url supposed to do? If it makes a new book then why have you got an id?

localhost:3000/book/book_id/next

localhost:3000/book/book_id/delete

Read the Rails Guide on Routing, that should explain how to do it. If there is something there you do not understand then come back and ask about it.

Colin

Colin Law wrote in post #1143272:

One should not accept JSON input outside of a API interface built with REST semantics because then you are just muddying the waters and enforcing multiple types for something that is probably purely for HTML and doesn't even need a secondary type. It's a bad idea to combine your API REST and REST interfaces for HTML into the same endpoints.