configure create database virtual rails

I have installed virtual machine and virtual rails on my laptop using Linux mint. Im learning as I go. Everything I need comes with this package :

MySQL Mongrel Ruby1.8.7 Mongo D.B. Git 1.6.3.3 Netbeans 6.8

so before I can run a rails application according to the tutorial I need to configure a database and create a database. Is this correct?? I tried apt-get install and gem install and they did not work...

if configuring and creating a database is the next step how do I go about doing this?

no need to configure anything, all the hard work has been done for you. take a look at railstutorial.org/book, that will get you started. mysql is already configured, you will just need to start the service, which is outlined on the virtual rails site.

Cheers,

Jason

Rich d wrote:

I have installed virtual machine and virtual rails on my laptop using Linux mint. Im learning as I go. Everything I need comes with this package :

MySQL Mongrel Ruby1.8.7 Mongo D.B. Git 1.6.3.3 Netbeans 6.8

so before I can run a rails application according to the tutorial I need to configure a database and create a database. Is this correct?? I tried apt-get install and gem install and they did not work...

There shouldn't be anything to install; sounds like everything you need is already there.

(That said, I'd urge you to try PostgreSQL instead of MySQL at some point.)

if configuring and creating a database is the next step how do I go about doing this?

Doesn't the tutorial talk about rake db:create and things like that? If not, get a better tutorial.

Best,