combobox-distinct element

plz help me in retrieving distinct element from db and populate in combobox?

I hav created a model "location".It has elements (state,district,province,...) I want to populate one combobox with distinct state and the other combo box should display corresponding districts in that state which is selected.

Can you give me the code for view, and controller

You can use .uniq! on any array (which includes ActiveRecord.find(:all…) return values).

In terms of setting the other combo boxes you’ll either need to ajax back to the controller or pass all data in the first time and have javascript do some filtering for you (which you choose depends on how much data you have).

My computer at home has something like this already coded. I’ll try to remember to put it up on github tonight or tomorrow.

Ben Wiseley wrote:

You can use .uniq! on any array (which includes ActiveRecord.find(:all...) return values).

In terms of setting the other combo boxes you'll either need to ajax back to the controller or pass all data in the first time and have javascript do some filtering for you (which you choose depends on how much data you have).

My computer at home has something like this already coded. I'll try to remember to put it up on github tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks Ben.... Plz forward me that code if possible.