codeigniter new comer

Hey,

i was a PHP developer -till 3 days ago- when i saaw ROR i switched to it immediatly, he sharm of railscast tutorials is very effective :smiley:

i was developing with Codeigniter PHP framework, when i switched to ROR i didn't find a good API+Guide like codeigniter manual..

i already checked : ruby-toolbox.com -- listing only of gems (nice in fact but for experiences with extending ROR to for beginners) guides.rubyonrails.org -- nice to understand the basics but no reference railscasts.com -- charming and has a really effective when you are in a hurry to learn or explore features api.rubyonrails.org -- can't get any information out of it

and i expect to find something like that guide for ROR : http://codeigniter.com/user_guide/

something that got functions with examples in an organized manner to know my limits and what is available for me to use and what's not to implement

Thanks in advance.

I'm not clear on what "can't get any information out of it" means above regarding api.rubyonrails.org - that, combined with the Guides is pretty much exactly what the Codeigniter site provides.

For api.rubyonrails.org, you'll typically want to start with the 'Base' classes, as they tend to provide the most introductory documentation (so go to ActiveRecord::Base, ActionController::Base, etc).

--Matt Jones

thanks for the hint, about the API, i didn’t know what to open and read, as most classes i opened where not documented

so i had to ask.

so after the Base classes is there any other classes that seems important to new rails programmers ?

thanks for the hint, about the API, i didn't know what to open and read, as most classes i opened where not documented so i had to ask. so after the Base classes is there any other classes that seems important to new rails programmers ?

Try http://guides.rubyonrails.org/ and see how that does for you.

Walter

please check my first message, i already have read this (all of it plus edge version), didn’t find it like the codeigniter manual, i’m asking if there is something that ombines ROR guides with the useful API.

Thanks