Capistrano in InstaRails bombs?

Following the book, I try: cap --apply-to C:\CapPlanner\trunk\Source capplanner And get in reply: C:/InstantRails/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/optparse.rb:1443:in `complete': invalid option: --apply-to (OptionParser::InvalidOption)         from C:/InstantRails/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/optparse.rb:1441:in `catch'         from C:/InstantRails/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/optparse.rb:1441:in `complete'         from C:/InstantRails/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/optparse.rb:1254:in `parse_in_order'         from C:/InstantRails/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/optparse.rb:1247:in `catch'         from C:/InstantRails/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/optparse.rb:1247:in `parse_in_order'         from C:/InstantRails/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/optparse.rb:1241:in `order!'         from C:/InstantRails/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/optparse.rb:1332:in `permute!'         from C:/InstantRails/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/optparse.rb:1353:in `parse!'         from C:/InstantRails/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/ capistrano-2.1.0/lib/capistrano/cli/options.rb:117:in `parse_options!'         from C:/InstantRails/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/ capistrano-2.1.0/lib/capistrano/cli/options.rb:15:in `parse'         from C:/InstantRails/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/ capistrano-2.1.0/lib/capistrano/cli/execute.rb:14:in `execute'         from C:/InstantRails/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/ capistrano-2.1.0/bin/cap:4         from C:/InstantRails/ruby/bin/cap:16:in `load'         from C:/InstantRails/ruby/bin/cap:16

I can replace the \'s in the path with /'s, or the whole thing with '.'. It does not matter.

I installed fastthread (1.0-mswin32) as suggested. ruby -v 1.8.6 cap -V 2.1.0 InstaRails 1.7

Turns out Capistrano has updated, and v 2.x is way different than the Agile book assumes. Can anyone out there tell me what should be done to get things in a state that I can follow along?