Can't configure cach_store in an initializer

I'm trying to use redis-store as my cache_store. I also have an app_confirg.rb initalizer which loads a yaml file for config settings. In my redis.rb initializer I have:

MyApp::Application.config.cache_store = :redis_store, APP_CONFIG['redis']

However, this doesn't appear to work. If I do Rails.cache in my rails console I can clearly see it's using the ActiveSupport.Cache.FileStore as the cache store instead of redis. However, if I add the config in my application.rb file it works just fine, except the app config initializer is loaded after application.rb, so I don't have access to it.

Has anyone experienced this? I can't seem to set a cache store in an initializer.

I think what you are looking for is described in the Cache-store section of the README document. It discusses how to configure it for multiple versions of Rails.

https://github.com/jodosha/redis-store

B.

Thanks, but I think I found the solution and wrote it up on stackoverflow: ruby on rails - Setting the cache_store in an initializer - Stack Overflow

Problem is that Rails initializes the cache_store before it loads the initlaizers in the initializers directory. I just found a way to load it in application.rb instead.