Can you show me the tipical project structure of rails app?

I am a newer of ruby language and rails framework, and I am not sure the project structure. The core problems are where I should place the global configuration items and my own components.

For instance, I want to define a admin account and use it in several controllers like “my_conf.admin”.

Another instance, I define a class UserToken, which is a tool to handle encrypted tokens. Through many surveys, I build a subdirectory named utils below app/controllers directory and in application.rb I wrote some code:

config.autoload_paths += %w!app/controllers/labs app/models/labs!

``

Now I can seperate class UserToken from the regular controllers and it is also loaded when need, so I have not to add some code such as “require(‘utils/user_token.rb’)”.

And also, I want to extend the capability of mongoid with following code: initializers/mongoid.rb

module Mongoid
  module Document
    def serializable_hash(options={})
      attrs = super(options)
      attrs.delete('_id')
      attrs['id'] = self.persisted? ? self._id : nil
      includes = options[:include]
      includes = [includes] if not includes.is_a? Array
      includes.each { |include|
        attrs.delete "#{include}_id"
      }
      attrs
    end
  end
end

``

Now I have placed it in directory “config/inititializers” because only by that way can server load it when app startup. Is it a proper way?

Those are my focusing points and there may be some other problems I have not met yet. Could you give me some directions, please?