Can ActionWebService handle SOAP::Header ?

Hi,everyone

I want to put some meta data, such as routing information, in "SOAP header" using ActionWebService. I wonder if it is possible or not, because I can't find any answer by a half day googling. And, how should I handle meta data in SOAP messaging if "SOAP header" is not available in ActionWebService.

Any help much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Regards, Akimichi

soap4r provides this functionality, but AWS doesn't use it just yet. Actually, as far as I remember, you are the first one who asked for it. If you find a way to implement it, please submit it to Trac.

Also, please Leon correct me if I'm wrong, AWS was designed as a common denominator between SOAP and XMLRPC. SOAP header are very much SOAP specific and if you need that much of sophistication, you probably should consider using soap4r directly.

> I want to put some meta data, such as routing information, in "SOAP header" using ActionWebService. > I wonder if it is possible or not, because I can't find any answer by a half day googling. > And, how should I handle meta data in SOAP messaging if "SOAP header" is not available in ActionWebService.

Also, please Leon correct me if I'm wrong, AWS was designed as a common denominator between SOAP and XMLRPC. SOAP header are very much SOAP specific and if you need that much of sophistication, you probably should consider using soap4r directly.

Thank you for your advice. It saved me a lot of time.

Because I am not familiar with using soap4r directly in Rails and I couldn't find a sample nor document, could you tell me some applications which use soap4r directly as a server ?

Regards, Akimichi