Calling rails from a server-side include?

Hi,

99% of my site is rails, but I have a tiny php section I just cant get rid of (phpbb3). I've turned on server-side includes on my site and my phpbb3 template starts with this:

<!--#include virtual="/main/header" --> ...

The problem is, rails isn't recognizing that it was called as "/main/header"; I get this error in my development.log:

ActionController::RoutingError (no route found to match "/forum/index.php" with {:method=>:get}):

Does anybody know how to get around this? I was thinking of just adding a "/forum/*" route to explicitly point to the header, but then there's the problem of the footer... Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. :slight_smile:

Thanks,     Tyler

Okay, after hacking around a bit, I figured something out, but it's REALLY hacky. :slight_smile:

Step #1: Include this code when rails starts up:

module ActionController   class CgiRequest < AbstractRequest     alias old_request_uri request_uri     def request_uri       if params['RAILS_ROUTE']         if Array === params['RAILS_ROUTE']           return params['RAILS_ROUTE'][0]         else           return params['RAILS_ROUTE']         end       else         return old_request_uri       end     end   end end

Step #2: reference rails from SSI this way:

<!--#include virtaul="/dispatch.fcgi?RAILS_ROUTE=/main/header" -->

This is fragile and hacky, but it works for what I need!

Cheers,     Tyler