Calling a function inside of (function($) {})(jQuery);

I have a .js file with the following function

function set_priceKind_global(priceKind) { switch(priceKind) { case "paid": case "free":   break; default:   var throw_msg = "Internal confusion in set_priceKind_global"   alert(throw_msg)   throw throw_msg }

It is triggered by   %input{'type' => 'button', 'value' => 'Free', :onclick => 'set_priceKind_global("free")'}

Because of conflicting libraries, I'd like to wrap set_priceKind_global thusly

(function($) {   // Lots of functions

function set_priceKind_global(priceKind)   {   switch(priceKind)   {   case "paid":   case "free":     break;   default:     var throw_msg = "Internal confusion in set_priceKind_global"     alert(throw_msg)     throw throw_msg } })(jQuery);

When I wrap it, Firebug reports that set_priceKind_global is undefined.

How do I expose set_priceKind_global as a function that the onclick can trigger? Or, alternatively, modify the onclick so that the function can be called?

Is there a javascript/jQuery forum that you can recommend?

Ralph Shnelvar

I have a .js file with the following function

function set_priceKind_global(priceKind) { switch(priceKind) { case "paid": case "free":   break; default:   var throw_msg = "Internal confusion in set_priceKind_global"   alert(throw_msg)   throw throw_msg }

It is triggered by   %input{'type' => 'button', 'value' => 'Free', :onclick => 'set_priceKind_global("free")'}

Because of conflicting libraries, I'd like to wrap set_priceKind_global thusly

(function($) {   // Lots of functions

function set_priceKind_global(priceKind)   {   switch(priceKind)   {   case "paid":   case "free":     break;   default:     var throw_msg = "Internal confusion in set_priceKind_global"     alert(throw_msg)     throw throw_msg } })(jQuery);

When I wrap it, Firebug reports that set_priceKind_global is undefined.

How do I expose set_priceKind_global as a function that the onclick can trigger? Or, alternatively, modify the onclick so that the function can be called?

Is there a javascript/jQuery forum that you can recommend?

Hi Ralph, May be you had not included jquery or included jquery after these code(or file in which these code is written)

Regards, Sanjiv