Calling a controller method from another controller

I have a rest endpoing that allows my users to create a new subscriber by posting to the subscribers collection, e.g.:

[POST] sevice/subscribers

Although, this is fine for outsiders using the API, I need have an internal app that needs to call the API too. Actually, it's in the same project at /subscription. It's just a signup form which posts to the subscribers collection. And since it's in the same project I would like to "over ride" the create method of my subscribers_controller.

For example, a method called create_subscriber in subscription_controller (my signup form). In create_subscriber I would like to post to the subscribers collection like previously, but I would also like to do some additional processing after it comes back successful.

class SubscriptionController < ApplicationController

def index    # render page...   end

def create_subscriber     #post to subscribers collection with @subscriber = Subscriber.new(params[:subscriber])    # do additional processing   end

end

Here's the problem. There's duplication there, the subscriptions controller has the same exact code to create a new subscriber. How can I just call the SubscriptionsController.create to remove this duplication?

eggie5 wrote:

I have a rest endpoing that allows my users to create a new subscriber by posting to the subscribers collection, e.g.:

[POST] sevice/subscribers

Although, this is fine for outsiders using the API, I need have an internal app that needs to call the API too. Actually, it's in the same project at /subscription. It's just a signup form which posts to the subscribers collection. And since it's in the same project I would like to "over ride" the create method of my subscribers_controller.

For example, a method called create_subscriber in subscription_controller (my signup form). In create_subscriber I would like to post to the subscribers collection like previously, but I would also like to do some additional processing after it comes back successful.

class SubscriptionController < ApplicationController

def index    # render page...   end

def create_subscriber     #post to subscribers collection with @subscriber = Subscriber.new(params[:subscriber])    # do additional processing   end

end

Here's the problem. There's duplication there, the subscriptions controller has the same exact code to create a new subscriber. How can I just call the SubscriptionsController.create to remove this duplication?

You can move that method into application.rb which is the parent class of your controllers.