button_to_remote and control values

I have a partial that has a button_to_remote on it wherein a method in my controller is appropriately executed. In the same partial, but not in any <form> I have a select box with the id of "notesboxselect."

Is there any way I can pass the text of what is in this select box, to the method in my controller called by the button_to_remote? Thanks, Janna B

<div id="notesdiv" style="float: right;"> Notes: <SELECT name="notesboxselect" id="notesboxselect" style="width: 350px; onKeyDown="fnKeyDownHandler(this, event);" onKeyUp="fnKeyUpHandler_A(this, event); return false;" onKeyPress = "return fnKeyPressHandler_A(this, event);" onChange="fnChangeHandler_A (this, event);">   <OPTION value="" style="COLOR:#ff0000;BACKGROUND-COLOR:#ffff00;"></

<option>Subrata</option>   <option>Chakrabarty</option>   <option>Tiger</option>   <option>Software</option>   <option>India</option> </SELECT> </div>

<%=button_to_remote "Manual Up",    :url => { :action => "manup" },    :update => "insideuplog" %>

I have a partial that has a button_to_remote on it wherein a method in my controller is appropriately executed. In the same partial, but not in any <form> I have a select box with the id of "notesboxselect."

Is there any way I can pass the text of what is in this select box, to the method in my controller called by the button_to_remote? Thanks, Janna B

Sounds like the easiest option here would be the :submit option of the various *_remote helpers

Fred

button_to_remote takes the same options as link_to_remote. I believe the following will do what you want.

<%=button_to_remote "Manual Up",    :url => { :action => "manup" },

:submit => "notesdiv"

Fred, you are SO the man. How do you KNOW all this stuff??? If I work with this for 5 years I won't know what you know. -Janna B.