button_to question

I have the below model that gets created with create action with :running field having value of false.

class Portal

include Mongoid::Document

field :url, :type => String

field :user, :type => String

field :password, :type => String

field :running, :type => Boolean, :default => false

end

Later I want to set :running to true. I want to use the button_to form helper method to set running to true.

The button is installed in the index view.

What arguments needs to be passed to the button_to method?

Thanks,

Alex

I have the below model that gets created with create action with :running field having value of false.

class Portal include Mongoid::Document field :url, :type => String field :user, :type => String field :password, :type => String field :running, :type => Boolean, :default => false end

Later I want to set :running to true. I want to use the button_to form helper method to set running to true. The button is installed in the index view. What arguments needs to be passed to the button_to method?

Well you'll want an action that loads the relevant Portal object and updates it and then call button_to with the routing options for that action.

Fred

Ho do I pass the running field with the button_to method

Ho do I pass the running field with the button_to method

That depends on how you've written the action the button links to. if the action looked like

def start   p = Portal.find(params[:id])   p.running = true   p.save! end

then you don't need to pass anything beyond the id of the object that needs updating

Fred