buildr Windows 7 64 bit problems

Preface: I'm not overly familiar with the inner workings of RoR, so I apologize for my relatively superficial knowledge upfront

I have a new 64 bit Windows 7 machine.

My dev environment on my old machine which functions fine (sans a functioning monitor -- thus the new machine), I have the following installed and functioning well: Ruby 1.8.6 using the Windows MSI installer Buildr 1.3.3 rails 2.3.2 jdk 1.6.023 (32bit) with JAVA_HOME set RUBY_OPT is set to -rubygems

I tried to install the above environment on the new machine with failures. Initially, when I did a standard install of the above without rolling back to earlier Buildr versions and using Ruby 1.9.x, I would get failures in the deployment of the jvm. So I tried to delete the 1.9.x install and go back to the 1.8.6 install. I also tried rolling back some of the gems, buildr specifically, to try and replicate the environment above. The problem is that I am not sure I am deleting old gems correctly or even that I have uninstalled 1.8.6 correctly. I get the feeling that simply deleting the old 1.9.x folder is not cutting it and there are gems stored in places that I am not understanding.

Any help would be appreciated. I know I am a little short on details, but part of that is due to the fact that I have tried many different permutations of different approaches without success.

Merry Christmas,

Ram

Further information on my current ruby and rails installation that might be helpful to a generous Ruby saint:

C:>rails -v Rails 2.3.2

C:\Users\Ram>buildr -v Buildr 1.3.3

C:>ruby -v ruby 1.8.6 (2010-02-04 patchlevel 398) [i386-mingw32]

C:\shiftrx\backend>buildr clean deploy C:/Ruby186/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.1/lib/rake.rb:2237:in const_missing': uninitialized constant Gem::Requirement::OP_RE (NameError) from C:/Ruby186/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/buildr-1.3.3/lib/buildr/java/version_requirement.rb:24 from C:/Ruby186/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in gem_original_require’ from C:/Ruby186/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in require' from C:/Ruby186/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/buildr-1.3.3/lib/buildr/packaging/artifact_namespace.rb:17 from C:/Ruby186/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in gem_original_require’ from C:/Ruby186/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in require' from C:/Ruby186/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/buildr-1.3.3/lib/buildr/packaging/artifact.rb:20 from C:/Ruby186/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in gem_original_require’ … 15 levels… from C:/Ruby186/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in require' from C:/Ruby186/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/buildr-1.3.3/bin/buildr:19 from C:/Ruby186/bin/buildr:19:in load’ from C:/Ruby186/bin/buildr:19

C:\shiftrx\backend>

Please try to update buildr to 1.4.4, version you indicated (1.3.3) was released in 2008 and lot of things changed in RubyGems since 2008.

Also, this seems a Buildr problem, not Rails specific.