beta testers?

Where do I find them? I know my site looks a bit barren and amateurish but it’s a start.

I need some constructive criticism.

Thanks,

Joe

I suggest you start by publishing a link to it. A bit tricky for anyone to try if you don't tell them where it is.

Colin

https://cryptic-inlet-13518.herokuapp.com/

Here’s my group funding / purchasing website I’ve been messing around with for roughly 6 months part-time. (Mostly a few weekend hours).

You can login the admin account using: admin@massdump.com and password ‘12345678’

any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

What it does, Joe?

For starters, it offers zero clues as to what or who it's intended for :slight_smile:

right I know, it’s hasn’t gotten a write up yet.

ok, I’ll explain how it works.

Basically, you sign up, log in.

Browse the categories, or search for a product.

The product has a limited campaign duration (ie. 2 weeks), and limited quantity (ie 10).

If your interested in the product, add it to the cart and wait… If we’ve met the required qty in the time allotted, the campaign is successful. It turns into a complete order, I would then hand off the order to the manufacturer who can then proceed to invoice them (ie. thru paypal).

The manufacturer can then provide me with transaction details, and I would update the users transaction record, (ie ship date, tracking #, etc…)

There is a request feature where users can request certain goods, and then can vote on them. I could then reach out to the manufacturer of that product and say, hey I’ve got 50 people intrested in purchasing this item, can you list your product on your website ( and I’ll help you get orders for it.)

That’s basically it for now.

ok, I'll explain how it works.

Basically, you sign up, log in.

Browse the categories, or search for a product.

The product has a limited campaign duration (ie. 2 weeks), and limited quantity (ie 10).

If your interested in the product, add it to the cart and wait.... If we've met the required qty in the time allotted, the campaign is successful. It turns into a complete order, I would then hand off the order to the manufacturer who can then proceed to invoice them (ie. thru paypal).

The manufacturer can then provide me with transaction details, and I would update the users transaction record, (ie ship date, tracking #, etc...)

There is a request feature where users can request certain goods, and then can vote on them. I could then reach out to the manufacturer of that product and say, hey I've got 50 people intrested in purchasing this item, can you list your product on your website ( and I'll help you get orders for it.)

That's basically it for now.

Rather than typing that in an email to us, why not put it on the website?

The login with the credentials you gave did not work for me.

Colin

The web site should be self-explanatory. No one would spend more than a couple of seconds on a page with no affordances to purpose whatsoever.

Sorry, I haven’t written anything up on it yet.

I’m sure I can add some text to it soon. :slight_smile:

I'm sure you can, though that entirely misses the point.

Right now you're showing someone a cup of flour and asking them "what do you think of this cake?"

Hint: there's no cake there

Fair enough. We’re devs… its hard to make website copy… myself tried before, not great result but i try to explain how my app can help customer…

Test it at https://pluralsense.com

:roll_eyes:

Thanks. I will find someone to do a bit of a write up for me.

That’s why I don’t have a personal website, it would be a couple of blank pages. (actually I took them down).

ok, I fixed the login now. Must have deleted the admin account.

https://cryptic-inlet-13518.herokuapp.com/

Here’s my group funding / purchasing website I’ve been messing around with for roughly 6 months part-time. (Mostly a few weekend hours).

You can login the admin account using: admin@massdump.com and password ‘12345678’

any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe

I am not that great with rails but I have some time and cs degree. I am disabled navy vet. My contact info can be found at www.computersrus.tk