Best way of moving some jQuery from a view helper

I have a helper that uses some jQuery code that I would like to move out of the helper method. I am trying to move it to application.js but it will probably end up in a different file. I have two reasons for wanting to do this. 1) I want to keep all my jQuery code seperate to my HTML code 2) I want to change the append to an appendTo so I can add a highlight effect, appendTo which is proving awkward to achieve in the helper.

[code]   def link_to_create_address(form_builder)     link_to_function 'New address', {:id => 'new_address_link'} do

page>

form_builder.fields_for :addresses, Address.new, :child_index => 'NEW_RECORD' do |faddress|         html = render(:partial => 'address_container',                                 :locals => { :faddress => faddress,                                 :uid => 'NEW_RECORD',                                 :show_edit_form => true })         page << "jQuery('#address_list').prepend('#{escape_javascript(html)}'.replace(/NEW_RECORD/g, new Date().getTime())).effect('highlight', {}, 300)"       end     end   end [/code] So basically I want to move the line [code]   "jQuery('#address_list').prepend('#{escape_javascript(html)}'.replace(/NEW_RECORD/g, new Date().getTime())).effect('highlight', {}, 300)" [/code] into a more suitable location.