sadly I've some trouble understanding the behaviour of AR in a unit test, in
which an object is destroyed, but not destroyed within the database
Test is here:
The background is easy to explain:
We've contacts and contact_combies within our application.
A contact is a human contact (business contact, etc.), a contact_combi
represent a relationship between contacts (usually two, but can be more).
Thus a contact has many contact_combies, and a contact_combi has many
contacts. (classic habtm-relation). contact_combies are edited embedded
within the contact-form (as explained in railscasts.com episodes 73-75)
contact model is here
contact_combi model here:
test log is here
Side note: all models include a simple helper setting some basic-meta-data:
Btw. test is run with:
use_transactional_fixtures = false
, but setting it to true doesn't solve the issue.
- Within the application (using it by browser) (dev-env), the code works.
- The assertion in line 20 fails: two objects exist, one is expected
- Deleting the combi is "tried", since the contact_combi's before_detroy
callback is called (see test log)
- No delete is executed in the database
- Its getting quite absurd, if I execute a second contact.save in my test
(enable line 21 - see test)
TypeError: can't modify frozen hash
- destroy is exectued on the contact_combi object and the hash is frozen by
- But why doesn't these changes appear in the database - is there anything I
can do to make 'em appear?