Beginner: Unable to create the first page

CPerry wrote:

You also need to be sure that you are using the correct version of Rails with the RailsSpace book. RailsSpace does not work perfectly with the 2.x version of Rails. I just finished going through that entire book and there are a few tweaks that need to be made, assuming you are using version 2.x of Rails.

There is a google group for RailsSpace that you might want to join up on. You can ask some specifics about the book there and the authors of the book seemed to respond fairly quickly on there.

As for the routes.rb file, you will need to tell Rails what you want the root of your site to be, just as Frederick has mentioned here.

Good luck with it.

--Cory

On Aug 2, 2:03�pm, Nabanita Sen <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-s.net>

I'm using 1.8.6-26 version of Ruby. I've installed it using the command: gem install rails --include-dependencies. -- Nabanita

Nabanita Sen wrote:

CPerry wrote:

You also need to be sure that you are using the correct version of Rails with the RailsSpace book. RailsSpace does not work perfectly with the 2.x version of Rails. I just finished going through that entire book and there are a few tweaks that need to be made, assuming you are using version 2.x of Rails.

There is a google group for RailsSpace that you might want to join up on. You can ask some specifics about the book there and the authors of the book seemed to respond fairly quickly on there.

As for the routes.rb file, you will need to tell Rails what you want the root of your site to be, just as Frederick has mentioned here.

Good luck with it.

--Cory

On Aug 2, 2:03�pm, Nabanita Sen <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-s.net>

I'm using 1.8.6-26 version of Ruby. I've installed it using the command: gem install rails --include-dependencies. -- Nabanita

It gives the following error: