Barcode Generating With Label On Canvas by using Barby gem

********UNDEFINED METHOD REGISTER ERROR IN THE FALLOWING CODE ******* Hi all,

I am trying to generate barcode(including its name as label at the bottom of barcode image for easy understand with out scanning by barcode scanner).

For this I am Using barby, chuncky_png, rmagick gems. I am using the fallowing code to generate label at bottom of image by using rmagick gem:

gem 'barby' gem 'chunky_png' gem 'rmagick' require 'rubygems' require 'barby' require 'barby/outputter/rmagick_outputter' require 'barby/barcode/code_128' require 'barby/outputter/prawn_outputter' require 'pdf/writer'

module Barby class RmBarcode < ActiveRecord::Base     register :to_image_with_data     def to_image_with_data       #Make canvas bigger       canvas = Magick::ImageList.new       canvas.new_image(full_width , full_height + 10)       canvas << to_image       canvas = canvas.flatten_images       #Make the text       text = Magick::Draw.new       text.font_family = 'helvetica'       text.pointsize = 14       text.gravity = Magick::SouthGravity       text.annotate(canvas , 0,0,0,0, barcode.data)       canvas     end   end end barcode = Barby::Code128B.new('Barcode Code Here') barcode.to_image_with_data.write('barcode_2.png')

but I am getting the fallowing error:

undefined method `register' for #<Class:0x4d08ef0>

yy??

any information that is valuable to me. thanks in advance..........

Barcode generating on image and document page, image barcode add-on is a toolkit that can be applied to create linear and 2d barcodes on image or document page, like linear code 39, code 128, ean-8, ean-13, ISBN, ISSN, etc. and 2d qr code, pdf 417 as well as data matrix.

Barcode font tool package is capable of printing 2D and linear barcode fonts to 32 and 64-bit operating systems. OS supported by the font tool include Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Pocket PC, Linux, and Unix. See Integrated Operating Systems.

http://www.keepautomation.com/guide/barcode_fonts.html

Thank you beverly daddzie. Will evaluate your suggestion.