Backgroundrb needs a new maintainer.

Hello All-

Is there anyone out there that wants to take over as maintainer of the backgroundrb project? I feel bad because I know lots of folks use it but I absolutely do not have time to work on it anymore :(.

I'm looking for a new maintainer, I would give you all the access to the project you need and try to help you come up to speed on the codebase.

If anyone is interested please let me know

Thanks -- Ezra Zygmuntowicz-- Lead Rails Evangelist -- ez@engineyard.com -- Engine Yard, Serious Rails Hosting -- (866) 518-YARD (9273)

Ezra Zygmuntowicz wrote:

Hello All-

Is there anyone out there that wants to take over as maintainer of the backgroundrb project? I feel bad because I know lots of folks use it but I absolutely do not have time to work on it anymore :(.

I'm looking for a new maintainer, I would give you all the access to the project you need and try to help you come up to speed on the codebase.    I'm not available right now (I'm working on stompserver right now which is more urgent for me), but I'll need backgroundrb later for one of my projects so if nobody volunteers in the following months, eventually I'll make sure backgroundrb is maintained.

Lionel.

Ezra,

Although I am a bit busy, but i would be interested in maintaining backgroundrb. I am already using it in couple of my projects and generally know my way around the backgroundrb code.

Thanks guys. Brett Rogers has agreed to step up as well. Maybe you both can work together? His email is brett.a.rogers@gmail.com and he has commit rights now. If you would like commit rights please sign up for an account at the trac and let me know what email address you used and I'll give you commit.

Cheers-

-- Ezra Zygmuntowicz-- Lead Rails Evangelist -- ez@engineyard.com -- Engine Yard, Serious Rails Hosting -- (866) 518-YARD (9273)