Authenticating users on different sources

Hi there folks!

I need to authenticate users on different sources (for instance, local database and Active Directory), and make registration (on local db) possible for users who don’t have an AD account…

For the db authentication, I have chosen restful_authentication. This way, new users who are not part of the organization are able to register and use the application.

But for the AD auth, I don’t know how to implement it yet.

I thought about creating some additional methods on sessions controller to take care of this AD authentication process if the user selects the option of using it’s existing AD account on the login page.

Have anyone experimented this scenario?

If so, what tips do you have for me?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I have implemented an application which can authenticate users against db auth or Active Directory based on the configuration set by the admin. But this works either one at a time, not both together.

For this all the methods for auth, signup etc had checks for AD/ DB and perform authentication appropriately. Please let me know if you need any more help

• NAYAK

Hi,

I have implemented an application which can authenticate users against db auth or Active Directory based on the configuration set by the admin. But this works either one at a time, not both together.

For this all the methods for auth, signup etc had checks for AD/ DB and perform authentication appropriately. Please let me know if you need any more help

• NAYAK

Hi NAYAK!

Interesting, but I need both of them authenticating the same time.

The AD for the staff and other people of the organization, and db for people outside of the organization.

I will try something and if it works, I will post here.

Thanks for your response!

Hi,

Can you have two diferent login pages then, else you can do the same by first authenticating with DB if it fails only then with AD

NAYAK