Position: Ruby on Rails Developers
Location: McLean, VA.
KMM Technologies has 2 immediate needs for Ruby on Rails Developers. These are long term 1 - 2 year contract positions for our client in McLean, VA.
Our client is using the latest versions of Ruby 1.9 and Rails 3. We’d love another Rails guru, but an ability to write quality code for very large systems is more important than your years of Rails experience. Knowledge of jQuery, RSpec and Linux is helpful.
Our client works in small, self-directed, project-based groups, using an Agile methodology, some pair programming and two-week iterations. Every developer does some requirements gathering, design and coding. New projects and groups form throughout the year. We encourage exploration of new tools and techniques. We’re looking for someone who enjoys solving problems and taming complexity.
The developers will be creating and maintaining software for advertising, circulation and marketing operations at our clients newspapers, with the goals of increasing customer satisfaction and revenue while limiting costs.
- Modify and write programs, primarily using Ruby on Rails, with HTML, CSS, and JQuery, using Agile development methodology
- Create general project design and high-level story list based on requirements from newspaper staff
- Write detailed user stories based on general project design
- Perform software quality assurance testing and participate in code reviews
- Strong programming skills, with the ability to follow department standards and meeting high levels of quality, clarity and efficiency; ability to organize and plan work for
Talent Acquisition Manager
KMM Technologies, Inc.
SBA 8(A), MD/DC MSDC and VA SWaM Certified
Tel: 240-200-9330| Fax: (866) 856 3684
Email : email@example.com