Associations not found - breaks randomly

Hi,

I've set up an association for a 1:n-relationship, totally standard
stuff.
However, I sometimes get an error "Association XY not found, maybe you
misspelled it?" when loading a view that makes use of the association
(only something simple like <%= cur_book.author.<some property of

(contrived example, but I really only do the simplest standard

stuff).

The trouble is, I get this error maybe 20% of the time, but it happens
for all associations, no matter which models are involved. Normally it
works, so I don't think it has anything to do with settting up the
association, table names etc. But it still happens often enough that I
can't use associations, and have to resort to doing searches for the
associated objects in the view, which is really ugly.

Has anybody else witnessed this kind of thing (I did a search, but
couldn't find anything about it).

Thanks,
Elmar

Elmar, I suggest you tail -f your development log - you may have a mysql (or other db) connection error - or some entirely different exception.

If you have done this, then we can help out more easily with more symptoms - including mvc/controller/view code. But since this bug seems random is smells like infrastructure.

Cheers,
Jodi