Applying a patch

Hello, I've never applied a patch before and would like to know how to do it.

How do I apply the " erb_encoding_workaround.patch" from :

https://rails.lighthouseapp.com/projects/8994/tickets/2188-i18n-fails-with-multibyte-strings-in-ruby-19-similar-to-2038

Mlle wrote:

#2188 Encoding error in Ruby1.9 for templates - Ruby on Rails - rails

See the man page for the patch command:

git am might also be useful.

Best,

Mlle wrote:

#2188 Encoding error in Ruby1.9 for templates - Ruby on Rails - rails

I put the patch file in my project's main directory and then tried to apply it.

I got these errors:

e:~/Work/samples$ git apply erb_encoding_workaround.patch\ erb_encoding_workaround.patch :117: trailing whitespace.

error: actionpack/lib/action_view/template_handlers/erb.rb: No such file or directory error: actionpack/test/fixtures/test/utf8.html.erb: No such file or directory error: actionpack/test/template/render_test.rb: No such file or directory error: actionpack/lib/action_view/template_handlers/erb.rb: No such file or directory error: actionpack/lib/action_view/renderable.rb: No such file or directory error: actionpack/lib/action_view/template_handlers/erb.rb: No such file or directory error: actionpack/test/fixtures/test/utf8.html.erb: No such file or directory error: actionpack/test/template/render_test.rb: No such file or directory error: activesupport/lib/active_support/core_ext/string/multibyte.rb: No such file or directory error: activesupport/test/core_ext/string_ext_test.rb: No such file or directory

Did I put the patch in the right place in order to apply it? Why would it get all those errors?

Thanks!

Mlle wrote:

I put the patch file in my project's main directory and then tried to apply it.

I got these errors:

e:~/Work/samples$ git apply erb_encoding_workaround.patch\ erb_encoding_workaround.patch :117: trailing whitespace.

error: actionpack/lib/action_view/template_handlers/erb.rb: No such file or directory error: actionpack/test/fixtures/test/utf8.html.erb: No such file or directory error: actionpack/test/template/render_test.rb: No such file or directory error: actionpack/lib/action_view/template_handlers/erb.rb: No such file or directory error: actionpack/lib/action_view/renderable.rb: No such file or directory error: actionpack/lib/action_view/template_handlers/erb.rb: No such file or directory error: actionpack/test/fixtures/test/utf8.html.erb: No such file or directory error: actionpack/test/template/render_test.rb: No such file or directory error: activesupport/lib/active_support/core_ext/string/multibyte.rb: No such file or directory error: activesupport/test/core_ext/string_ext_test.rb: No such file or directory

Did I put the patch in the right place in order to apply it? Why would it get all those errors?

Because the patch is for the Rails library itself, and you're apparently trying to apply it to your project files. As a result, it's not seeing the files it wants to patch, so of course it complains.

Thanks!

Best,