app stats

Hi Does anyone know if theres any app unit testing stats available for any rails apps in comparison with other mvc frameworks, like django or fusebox? Thanks Eoghan

Hi Does anyone know if theres any app unit testing stats available for any rails apps in comparison with other mvc frameworks, like django or fusebox?

Like what you get with rake stats or are you looking for something else?

Fred

Hi Fred Well what id really be looking for is benchmarking examples from applications written with rails, as compared to comparible applications written in other mvc frameworks, like django. I have googled but not really come across anything that useful... just wondering if there has been any research done on this... Thanks Eoghan

Although I find this kind of research totally pointless, because performance of a framework is the least of your worries in the end (the database is going to be the bottleneck, development time is what costs the most, …), a simple google search for “rails performance” gave me this result:

http://wiki.rubyonrails.org/rails/pages/Framework+Performance

But as I said, this question comes up every now and then on the list, the replies are always the same and frankly, this is the last time I’m ever going to reply to these kinds of posts again, just like the “enterprise-readiness” of Ruby and Rails. P-llllease.

Best regards

Peter De Berdt