any way to stop notify(method) in a model ?

I am adding a function to check for 2 digit dates and change them into 4 digit before a Date.new has time to choke on it. My model is :

class Person < ActiveRecord::Base   belongs_to :household

def before_validation    # debugger     self.month_int = self.month.to_i     self.day_int = self.day.to_i     self.year_int = self.year.to_i     if (year_int > 0) && (month_int > 0) && (month_int < 13) && (day_int > 0)&& (day_int < 32)     if (self.year_int < 100)       @compare = Date.new(2000+self.year_int,self.month_int, self.day_int)       if (@compare > Date.today)          self.year_int = 1900+self.year_int       else          self.year_int = 2000+self.year_int       end       self.year = self.year_int.to_s     end       self.birthday = Date.new(self.year_int, self.month_int, self.day_int)     else       errors.add("Date")     end debugger end

validates_inclusion_of :month_int, :in => 1..12,           :message => "should be between 1 and 12"   validates_inclusion_of :day_int, :in => 1..31,             :message => "should be between 1 and 31"   validates_numericality_of :year_int   validates_inclusion_of :sex, :in => %w{ M F },             :message => "should be 'M' or 'm' or 'F' or 'f'"   validates_presence_of :sex, :month, :day, :year   validates_date :birthday, :before => Date.today+1, :after => 'Jan 1 1900', :before_message => 'Needs to be today or before.', :after_message => 'Needs to be after 1/1/1900.'

end

since I added the code that changes a model variable, I get 2 breakpoints from the 2 changes. This is not needed by my app and causes a breakpoint that my user won't know how to bypass. Please help with removing this issue. I assume rails is error-checking my code and having a fit about not telling the views that a field has changed..

Bob <bsm2th@gmail.com>

I am confused about exactly what is the problem that you are having. Is it that the code is stopping at the debugger statement in your code? If so just remove the debugger statement.

If this is not the problem please be more explicit about what is happening.

Colin

It acts like I set a breakpoint, but I haven't. Not sure why, but this problem vanished last night..

Bob

[Please quote when replying.]

Bob Smith wrote:

It acts like I set a breakpoint, but I haven't. Not sure why, but this problem vanished last night..

Perhaps the class was cached (which Rails does automatically in production) and the cached version included the breakpoints? Then if you restarted the server, it would have reloaded the class.

Bob

Best,