ajax tabs in lightbox

I try to put some tabs in a ligtbox (lightview) to do a user friendly form, kind of. With lightbox i mean a modal window.

The tabs (livipipe) works well withe ajax in the normal window, but when I put them in the ligtview ligtbox they stop working. I guess it has something to do with getelementbyid in the DOM and seems very complicated.

Anyhow, does anyone have any experience of doing ajax tabs in a lightbox that works?

The thing I've run into with lightboxes is that they typically *don't* generate another document.ready-style event, so a lot of unobtrusive JS methods can get confused. Can you post more details about how you're attempting to add the tab behavior and what exactly "isn't working"?

--Matt Jones

jeb wrote:

I try to put some tabs in a ligtbox (lightview) to do a user friendly form, kind of. With lightbox i mean a modal window.

The tabs (livipipe) works well withe ajax in the normal window, but when I put them in the ligtview ligtbox they stop working. I guess it has something to do with getelementbyid in the DOM and seems very complicated.

Anyhow, does anyone have any experience of doing ajax tabs in a lightbox that works?

This has nothing to do with Rails. It's a JavaScript issue, so you'll probably get better answers on a JavaScript forum.

Best,

Figured it out at last.