ajax submit question

Is there a way to do an ajax submit but only send the values in an embedded form inside a form?

I have to do an ajax submit with multiple companies and I get this being submitted for the post:

companyid 1 companyid 2 companyid 3

If I have multiple submits possible but I need to be able to get the appropriate company id that is submitted.

Is there a way to do an ajax submit but only send the values in an embedded form inside a form?

nested forms are not allowed by the html standard. When making an ajax request you can however submit an arbitrary element to submit.

Fred

I have been using fields_for for my inline ajax forms. How do submit text fields using a button_to_function? I have several inline forms using ajax calls to do CRUD for my contact info.

I have this ajax form that could be disaplyed multiple times on the page: If it is displayed multiple times when i do the ajax submit I get those same fields submitted. Is there a way to differentiate between them all?

<% fields_for :site do |f|%> <%= f.text_field “company”,‘’, :size => ‘6’ %> <%= f.text_field “Customer”,‘’, :size => ‘6’ %> <%= hidden_field_tag ‘companyid’,‘’, :value => @company.id %> <%= submit_to_remote ‘addsite’,‘Add Site’, :url => { :controller => ‘addsites’, :action => ‘addsitetomop’, :id=> @mop }%>

<% end %>

In firebug this is what it looks like:

site[Customer]

site[Customer]

site[company]

site[company]

If I do a “button_to_function remote_function” is there a way to send the text fields values across?