Advice on building a Rails App

Hello..

I'm hoping to get some advice on building a certain section of my prototype I am trying to build. What would recommendations would anybody have if I wanted to create a questionnaire that would create a set of folders based off of the answers in the questionnaire they filled out.. be displayed in a tree view.

Example: Questions 1. Name of company? 2. Name of division? 3. Name of project?

Treeview Example

Babco LLC. -- Marketing ----- Branding campaign

Do you need this to be an actual tree of folders on the server, or a set of virtual folders shown to the user as if it was real? What purpose do they serve in the real world?

Walter

the tree view would be more for navigation purposes to a set of working files underneath the project directory.

Example under project folder we would have a project summary page where a user can enter information related to the project.

an example of what this would look like would be on the main page the left side would consist of the tree navigation and on the right side of the page would display the page where one can enter or edit info

So these could be attributes on your Project model, and gathered as such. They're not necessarily "folders" but metadata about a project, right? You're not necessarily creating a folder on your server where you will be gathering actual files, right?

Walter

Exactly.. not a real folders